Write On!!!

11.16.2005

wild night

for all that don't know my son is the future larry bird. ok, he loves basketball. this has never been anything to discourage in the house or outside. well, not before sunday night, at least.

just in case you don't know this...people with children...buy plastic light covers. a basketball thrown at glass ones do break and shatter and fall on the culprit underneath.

yeah, i was freaking out. Mad was cut on his hand and his head was busted (i know that is not a word) by a piece of the glass, as well. blood was everywhere. never saw my child bleed before. you could imagine how crazy i was. i was so ready to haul him to the emergency room. thank you B. for talking me out of that and calming me down and cleaning up all the glass and mess from the shattered light fixture.

we made it through. his cut on his head was not very deep and stopped bleeding rather quickly, as well as the one on his hand. thank you peroxide for bubbling the glass out of the cuts. thank you peroxide for looking like water on that rag.

thank you, B., for vacuuming. you do good job. thank you, mommy for taking care of me. (yes, Maddax's words...how sweet he is)

thank you God for putting angel wings around my son. i know this incident could have been a whole lot worse.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris Streeter Davis said...

Poor baby, I am glad he is okay. I bet you were freaking out, I would have been too.

1:35 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I thought it was a lot worse when it happened and it good of been for sure. Thank you, Jenny, you are so sweet.

1:37 AM  
Blogger j.c. said...

Jenn, I am so glad he is okay!

He sure does love that basketball! Maybe you should glass proof that room for Larry!

3:10 AM  
Blogger Cara said...

Oh my gosh.. I know you had to be freaking out.. I would have been emergency room bound!! Thank the Lord we do have angels watching over our babies!! I'm glad Maddox is okay!!

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home