Write On!!!

10.01.2005

nothingness day

today...feels like i have done nothing productive, although i know that is not true...still seems that way. i am sitting here trying to resist the urge to run outside in the cool sunny weather and do cartwheels. i love this time of year. this is my happy time.

chris came by my work today. she was passing thru going to htown. she looks really cute with that basketball under shirt. wow! it is weird that my friend is pregnant and gonna be a mom. it is great.

you know you say (well to people with kids) "i'll be glad when you can wipe your own butt." to your toddler. it happened. he's wiping his own butt. he is also dressing himself. he has also become very opinionated here lately and a little sassy mouthed. i have been telling myself he is just a very expressive child, but maybe i am taking up for his behavior too much. bossy, bossy, bossy. he definitely doesn't get this extroverted personality from me, though. We will say he gets it from my dad and brother. or maybe he does get it from me...maybe i possessed this trait in early childhood before it was suppressed by the middle-child syndrome. who knows?

while i was watching Desperate Housewives the other night, Maddax was trying to tell me something. i kept telling him to "shh, shh...in a minute...just hang on..wait a second...(then, interrupted by a loud screech of "MOMMY, LISTEN TO ME. I TRYING TO TELL YOU SOMETHING!" grabbed remote and muted the tv...i think anybody would have. geesh he was almost scolding me. "what is it that you need to tell me?" i asked just knowing it was something earth shaking. "i go watch tv in my room." huh? okay.

he only wants to wear certain clothes these days, too, which makes quite interesting mornings around our house. let's see...white t-shirt, basketball shorts, thomas shoes (that i hope when he grows out of these no one will ever buy him another pair...thank you.) and let's not forget this morning...razorback jersey...because "that's like a big boy and a jon, mommy." whatever. Yes, he really does put the "a" behind his words. His favorite is "lika" as in "i lika this...i lika that." And no we don't have italian friends or italian cartoons, so go figure. I did watch the sopranos a lot while pregnant, though...hmm. I don't know, but my baby Hoffa is really growing up.

HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND EVERY ONE. WE WILL BE RAKING THE YARD IF YOU NEED US.

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris Streeter Davis said...

I felt like turning cartwheels that day also, it was beautiful. It was great to see you, I will be back soon. Thanks for letting us use your driveway, street or yard. It was a stressful afternoon today... Love you!

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes the weather makes me want to run free too. How about that "raked" yard.? You were really busy when I left!!!Ha-Ha Hope everything is going ok. I got your multimedia message. Very neat. I feel the same way. (about the song that is.)Love Jimmieanne

12:13 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Isn't that funny? The raker sent that to me and I though you would think it was funny to. Yeah, the yard looks good. 18 bags of leaves!!! I guess we are gonna pick up rocks next. HA HA.

12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great blog! This site has helped many people looking for: how to write a formal letter It's all there: how to write a formal letter

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is creative Bonzer! Visit this major resources on how to write an outline No more wondering how to write an outline

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed - you have a brilliant blog here. For free tips and hints on: how to write a book No more wondering how to write a book

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home