Write On!!!

9.02.2005

please pray for all the people in LA, MS, FL & AL. this is a very sad situation and my heart goes out to all of them and their families. there are donation drop-offs just about everywhere...so do what you can to help.

i couldn't imagine being with clothes, food, lights, family...

these people are left with no where to live and no where to go.

i woke up at 4:00 am this morning thinking about this tragedy. i was in a warm bed, air conditioned house with plenty of food and precious little boy lying safely beside me. i got out of the bed and went and sat on the couch and watched the news...the tv was still blaring CNN from the night before...and that poor news guy...you could tell it was 4:00 in the morning...the broadcast was going in and out and in and out...he was looking rattled and like a bath would really do him some good...he kept repeating himself , "and you can see...and you can see over here...and you can see...see right over there..." and i am not sure he actually really knew what he was saying, because no, we couldn't see..it is 4:00 am and dark outside and no electricity in New Orleans... all we could see was him, wide-eyed...you could tell though, that "anywhere but here" was what he was thinking...

it made me feel guilty ...all my life around me...pleasant, settled and comfortable

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:18 AM  
Blogger Chris Streeter Davis said...

I know exactly what you mean Jenn. It breaks my heart. All we can do is pray and help out all we can.

2:04 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

This just hits so close to home. New Orleans is one of my favorite places to go and it will never be the same. And so many people are dying and they will continue to die b/c of the disease that have yet to start speading. So, so sad.

2:25 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

spreading!!!

2:29 AM  
Blogger Emerson said...

I feel you!! I just posted something on my blog. It makes me so sad! I feel so helpless!! But, we can give and pray!!

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home