Write On!!!

8.17.2005

Rambling Thoughts

I haven't managed to paint my bathroom, yet. This has been my main objective for weeks now. I have the paint and everything, but I guess I am lacking the energy and want to.

Maddax is home from vacation with his Dad, finally. He has been away since Friday afternoon. I am so glad he is home and have missed him terribly. While he was gone I rearranged my bedroom a little, he saw it last night was truly amazed (i also cleaned it up!!!). He said, "oh, Mommy, look!" I was like "yeah, I know...I finally cleaned my room. " He said, "awe, its beautiful." Thank you, Maddax. Even coming from a three year old, it made me feel pretty good. Actually, coming from him, it means more than being said by anyone else.

I went to church Monday night. I liked it and will probably go back. I may try the Sunday service to see how it is. It is nice that there is a Monday night service and Maddax can go, of course. How convenient when you travel a lot on the weekends! Everyone was friendly and nice, a little different from the smalltown church I am used to (not the friendly and nice part, just different in general). I think as adults who are raised in those small churches and move away it is very hard to find somewhere that seems to "fit." But we must evolve from that, I guess and open up to the new and the change of everything as we grow older. As children everything is laid out for you and then, somewhere along the way the path seems to widen and turn and become very blurry at times. Nothing is clear and straight. Not anymore.

Chris and Aaron are having a baby girl!!! Congratulations to you both. It is the reason I get up in the morning...well, my son is. And soon you, too will be blessed with the "can I please just sleep for five more minutes, it is only 4:45 in the morning, just one more minute...I know you are hungry and your diaper is wet, but really, I am tired...and didn't we just do this two hours ago?" dream of a life that will never be the same. It is truly the hardest, but most rewarding experience of the rest of your life. That is something no one can tell you about, explain to you, advise you on or understand until they have been there. A child will test you in ways you thought were unimaginable and bless in ways you thought were unimaginable too. Congratulations, again...on this wonderful journey you are about to experience.

Hmmm, what else to write about? This weekend I spend most of my time doing absolutely nothing, which was wonderful. Jess and I laid out at the country club on Sunday and that was awesome. The day was beautiful. We watched like five movies and painted our toe nails and talked about girl stuff Saturday and Saturday night. We watched Diary of A Mad Black Woman. TWICE. That movie is the best. It has Oprah was so RIGHT! about this one written all over it. We watched, Hitch, which was good, also. I am huge Will Smith fan, though. We watched Spanglish and then Adam Sandler, The Best of Saturday Night Live. Lots of laughs.

5 Comments:

Blogger Reality Chick said...

Sounds like your weekend was great!

We did a Sex and the City all-nighter at my house Friday night.

Netflix, a box of wine, snacks....
that's all you need!

Maddax really sounds like the 'little man' of the house. It's so precious how he loves you, I know you are proud of him. Can't wait to see y'all again!

10:49 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

We actually tried to do the Sex and the City thing, but believe or not, Hastings did not have one copy. I was outraged. Yes, Maddax, is like the little man of house. He is the boss, just ask him and he will tell you. We have to get together sometime, all of us, I haven't been to the burg in months.

12:38 AM  
Blogger Chris Streeter Davis said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful weekend. You deserve it. Thank you for the paragraph, I am so ready to see my baby. She might not have a name, but I am ready to meet her. Aaron does not like the name I like at all!!!!! We chose not to talk about it for a while b/c it gets my pressure up. (He gets my pressure up!!!!) I am ready to see you!! Love you

7:05 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I like the name you picked out. I would totally name her that!!!

7:17 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

thanks for the comment .... Hitch was a really good movie, i enjoyed it

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home