Write On!!!

6.16.2005

There comes a time in every woman's life when she has to take a close look at herself. Not at her circumstance, not at what she did, not how unfair life is, or not at whom made you do it. She has to just look at herself in all her glory and imperfection. Have you ever admired a woman who has been through changes in her life? Or have you made up in your mind that she is just messed up. Before you make this mistake, take a closer look. A woman who has endured the most unusual life is someone of wisdom, someone who has been chosen by God to go through things that have made her stronger. Think of all the great women in the Bible: Mary Magdalene, Ruth and Naomi, the woman with an issue of blood flow, and Esther, to name a few. Mary was a prostitute, a very uneasy woman. But by the time Jesus was done with her, she was His closest follower. Esther was unfortunate in marrying an abusive man, but by the time God was done with her, she had married one of the wealthiest men in the land.

Women are so quick to beat the next one down instead of trying to hold her up. Before you wonder, "What's up with her?" ask yourself, "What's up with me?" That woman could be my mother, sister, aunt, in-law, stepmother, niece, grandmother, great-grandmother, neighbor, friend, or co-worker, etc. That woman could be me.

Women are the carriers of life, not the channels of death. Let's build and encourage each other, as did Ruth and Naomi. Encourage and Love, Forgive and Forget, and trust that the woman who reads this will be touched in some way. May peace and love be upon you...

This is a forward I received in an email. I decided to put it on my blog because of the truth it holds in the way women treat each other. It is very sad that people judge and criticize others, not for who they are, but for circumstances that have or have not happened in their lives.

I have found through my own experiences that the women who have taken the "0ther road" or "gotten off track" a time or two are the ones with the best ears and biggest hearts. Thank you, God, for putting these people in my life.

6 Comments:

Blogger Reality Chick said...

I am so amazed to read this right now. Lately, I have been struggling, REALLY struggling...not with other people, but with MYSELF. This is so poignant to me, because it is my exact feelings of late put into words.
My thoughts have turned inward, recently, to who I truly am, what I truly want, and what is truly important. Introspect, they say, is a sign of maturity. If that's the case, then maybe, finally, I'm learning some valuable lessons.
Finally, it is important that we look to those women in our lives who have already come through so much...and be there for the ones that may be experiencing trials for the first time.
I am not sorry for any of the trials I have been through. I am a better woman today because I endured, and I now know how much character the trial have built in me. I will be tougher the next time another heartache comes along.
I'm proud of you, Jennifer. You are one of the strongest people I know...including women and men. I love you.

12:36 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Thank you for saying that. You don't know how much I needed to hear that today. It has been one of those days where the world seems to be pulling at you in both directions. Today I fight the battle I have fought my whole life. Dealing with those closest to me who constantly let me down and constantly lean on me. Telling me they will do something and then not doing it. Thank you, for ruining my weekend. Getting a guilt trip from the ex about why I do not see his daughter. Why does he not see his son? hmmm, he has no time for that. Finding out he is contemplating moving in with Rabbit, yes, THE Rabbit, we all know so well. Him telling me that and wanting to move in w/ Rabbit only shows one thing...he is up to no good. He says, people change, yes, some do, although I have known no man to ever change too much. I would fight the world to see my son if I couldn't. That makes a 2 hour drive seem so easy. I don't understand, and I guess I never will. Oh, the battles, they continue, but yes, Polly, I am strong and this too shall pass. Love to you...

1:12 AM  
Blogger Chris Streeter Davis said...

You have got to be kidding me Jennifer. (about Shane moving with freak boy) ???? WTF?

I know exactly what you mean about people letting you down. That is why I don't get my hopes up about things until they happen. I am not a negative person, but this helps me not to get let down. I am sorry all of these things are going on in your life and we are not closer in distance. I need you more than ever now, thank god I have Jimmieanne here. I miss you. You are a strong, strong woman Jennifer. If god brings you to it, he will bring you through it. I love you!

6:22 AM  
Blogger Reality Chick said...

Good point, Chris....

I think we sometimes set ourselves up for disappointment, because we three are eternal optimists! We keep thinking people, or situations will change for the better...and then they rarely do. That's when we usually determine within ourselves, that we will never be like that. Lesson learned.

It's sad that life makes us become so skeptical, but in the long run, it will save a lot of heartache. And it will make those happy moment seem all the sweeter. Hang in there gal...you CAN handle it!

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweetie, I'm so proud of the person you are. You're such a big part of my life, I don't know what I would do without you. You are a strong, fine young woman, a good mother, and a good friend to all your friends. You've had a lot of difficult people and things in your life, and have handled all of this in an admirable way. I know I don't tell you often enough, but I'm very proud of you. I love you, Ms Deb

11:02 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Thank you for telling me that. You are the most amazing woman I know and I love you so much. You make me feel proud to me.

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home