Write On!!!

6.21.2005

WEEKEND

Well, the weekend was not ruined. It was actually pretty good considering Maddax had a stomach bug Thursday afternoon and partly Friday. I got to have a good visit with my Dad, sister and brother on Friday being that I had to stay home from work with Maddax. Maddax turned three on Saturday and I gave him a party at The Little Gym. It was so much fun, and he really enjoyed it. All of his little cousins were there and they were too cute and some of his friends from school. It was such a great day to get to visit with everyone, friends and family. Maddax is getting bigger and bossier....not to mention cuter everyday. I am so proud to have him in my life.

Saturday night I escaped the boy and the cousins for a nice supper with Cody and Laura. (I hurled right before dinner)...made room for more...HA HA. No, my stomach is always acting up lately and I mayhave had a touch of Maddax's stomach flu. Laura made some bomb asparagus...got to try that at home. I think I made a meal on the asparagus and cucumbers from Laura's garden...little Martha Stewart...that Laura!!!

Sunday was fun. I saw the Mother off...back to south AR and then Laura came over. She helped me in my flowers. We robbed some of her beds to fill up mine and then bought some hanging ferns. Oh yeah, I also mowed. First time in about two months. Maddax helped...boy, did he ever...he likes a watta hose. My electricity went out at around 4:30, so that pushed the little brother outside to help in the flowers, as well. So funny what happens can't watch TV. We had fun, though, well I did, and felt that a lot had gotten accomplished. At around 9:30, still with no electricity I think we all got a little testy...especially Maddax...try explaining to a three year old why he can't go inside and watch TV and why the lights won't work. 9:45 ENTERGY finally came through and fixed the broken electrical line. YEAH!!!

I think this was one of the best weekends I have had in awhile. I enjoyed spending time with family and friends. Thank you guys for coming to the party. And, Laura, thank you for helping me and being my friend. I am so glad you live here, too!!! You just do not know how much it means to me to have someone say..."Let me help you."

5 Comments:

Blogger ginger said...

Glad you had a great weekend. Happy (late) Birthday, Maddax!

Laura sounds like a great cook! I need to do more cooking... :)

9:54 PM  
Blogger Emerson said...

Sounds like a VERY productive weekend!!! And, Happy Belated Birhtday to Maddax!!! I need to get see how Laura cooks her asparagus. I love that stuff I just don't know how to cook it!!

12:58 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Girl, it will soon, I HOPE. The purple queens are poking their heads up...yeah!!! I don't know about them ears, though.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Reality Chick said...

I know y'all had fun, working in the yard...

Happy birthday to Maddax Man! He's getting so big, I can't believe it. I remember coming to Monticello Hospital to see you when he was born...man, time passes so quickly.

11:59 PM  
Blogger Chris Streeter Davis said...

I know I commented on here 2 days ago, I think my computer is screwed up. :(
I am glad y'all had a good time working in the yard. That is such a good stress reliever for me.
The birthday party was so much fun, I know Maddax loved it!

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home