Write On!!!

7.05.2006

Happy 4th!!!

after pondering and pondering over what maddax and i were going to do for the fourth of july i finally decided on camping. with four days off from work i wanted to really do something fun for him and something we could do together. so...purchased a tent and whole lotta snack food and we set off to the buffalo river. we found a campsite about 15 miles outside of harrison. it was so neat. there was no one else there, just us...a huge sandbar and the river. it was so peaceful and relaxing, i cannot even begin to explain.

sleeping in the tent was something for him to get used to. at first he was scared of it and then finally he passed out....on my lap by the campfire. he learned how to roast marshmallows. (or might i say catch marshmallows on fire and blow them out) for most that know, maddax is not big on sweets, including marshmallows...but he is big on an awesome excuse to get to play in fire. he roasted the hell out of some marshmallows. didn't eat a one. two big bags burnt and crispy fried. i think that was his favorite part. the marshmallows or catching baby fish in the water with our butterfly net. i have lots of pictures and soon i will post them.

hope everyone had a great fourth.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris Streeter Davis said...

I am glad y'all got to do that. I can't wait to see the pictures. :)
I had such a good time with him when he spent the day with us. He is such a wonderful boy. I had really been missing him.

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could have seen him roasting those marshmellows! He's the cutestet little boy in the world, and I appreciate your letting us spend time with him. I love you both very much, Ms Deb

12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds very like a very adventurous day!! I bet he was loving having mommy all to hiself for some fishin!

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home