Write On!!!

5.26.2005

VENT SESSION

I wish I was a selfish person sometimes. It would really make my life a lot easier in many circumstances. I feel really torn between places in my life right now and it sucks. This really bothers me because there are things that I want to do, but I can't because: 1) It is not what someone else thinks I should do...2) It would leave out a friend(s) of mine other than those involved...3) It would hurt the feelings of those that are so used to me being so passive...4) Maybe seems too spontaneous for a single mother...5) I can't say yes or no to anybody or anything...it is always "maybe" or "we'll see."

I am tired of being this way. Except for the No. 5. that is just the way I am. I cannot commit to just ONE thing or ONE choice. You know why? See No. 1 - No. 4. There is part of your answer.

Well, I am going to try to be different, since this is MY LIFE. From now on - no more consideration for what everyone else may feel about what I do or what I say or where I go or who I talk to...because point blank...If I am always doing what I want to do...then I should be HAPPY!

Let me go ahead and clarify for those reading...
no.1) I am writing this because I want to...not because of you or anyone else
no. 2) This doesn't have anything to do with you
no. 3) I am not trying to hurt any feelings...it is not about you
no. 4) Really doesn't apply to this
no. 5) Will I explain further? Maybe... we'll see...That is just me...my spontaneity is what makes me, ME. My ability to change my mind or my direction at anytime is one thing that differentiates me from most everyone else I know. The effect it has on my ability to make a concrete decision....well, that is something to work on.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I feel so much better NOW!!! Long day and long week!!! Ready for the WEEKEND!!!

3:44 AM  
Blogger ginger said...

I know what you mean. I spend a lot of time trying to make others happy, and I forget about myself until I realize I am pissed off and frustrated! I am passive, but I don't think I could ever change. :( It was good seeing you this weekend.

4:14 AM  
Blogger Chris Streeter Davis said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Chris Streeter Davis said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

There is not one singled out event that creates this feeling in me. It is just how I feel about me and the way I care too much for what everyone else thinks, so much, that I usually find that I am stretching myself way too far and wide than needs to be done. I am just not going to do anything else that I really do not want to do anymore. My sister is this way. I wish I could be more like her in this aspect. She always does what she wants and who cares if anyone else doesn't like it, but no one hates her for that. That is a strength in her I wish I had. Laura has a little of that in her, too and so do you, Chris. Way To Go Girls!!! I envy that ability in y'all...to say "NO," but me, I tend to fall more on the doormat side of things.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

hmmmm....now why would delete your comments? How funny!

10:53 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

why would you do that??????

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home