Write On!!!

1.06.2006

Natural Highs

My aunt sent this to me in an email. I am reposting it on here. Boy, did I need to hear this today and remember that there are great things in life that do bring us joy even when it feels like the worse things have taken over our emotions. I am very positive, though, looking only to what the future holds. I see good things. I will not turn around and look at what is behind me...not anymore. Those doors are closed. The last thought in this post really puts a lot into perpective for me. I am dealing with a situation right now that is very hard for me to let go of. I want to say what is on my mind, but I have doubts about the need to just walk away. I give you to God. He can deal with you. I know I have done the right thing. For that I am happier, but you still make me sad.

Natural Highs

Think about them one at a time before going on to the next one . .It Does Make You Feel Good, especially the thought at the end #45.

1. Falling in love.
2. Laughing so hard your face hurts.
3. A hot shower.
4. No lines at the supermarket.
5. A special glance.
6. Getting mail.
7. Taking a drive on a pretty road.
8. Hearing your favorite song on the radio.
9. Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.
10. Hot towels fresh out of the dryer.
11. Chocolate milkshake (vanilla or strawberry).
12. A bubble bath.
13. Giggling.
14. A good conversation.
15. The beach
16. Finding a 20 dollar bill in your coat from last winter.
17. Laughing at yourself.
18. Looking into their eyes and knowing they Love you
19. Midnight phone calls that last for hours.
20. Running through sprinklers.
21. Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.
22. Having someone tell you that you're beautiful.
23. Laughing at an inside joke
24. Friends.
25. Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you.
26. Waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep.
27. Your first kiss (either the very first or with a new partner).
28. Making new friends or spending time with old ones.
29. Playing with a new puppy.
30. Having someone play with your hair.
31. Sweet dreams.
32. Hot chocolate.
33. Road trips with friends.
34. Swinging on swings.
35. Making eye contact with a cute stranger.36. Making chocolate chip cookies.
37. Having your friends send you homemade cookies.
38 Holding hands with someone you care about.
39. Running into an old friend and realizing that some things (good or bad) never change.

40. Watching the _______expression on someone's face as they open a much desired present from you.
41. Watching the sunrise.
42. Getting out of bed every morning and being grateful for another beautiful day

43. Knowing that somebody misses you.
44. Getting a hug from someone you care about deeply.
45. Knowing you've done the right thing, no matter what other people think...

Lord keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth.

6 Comments:

Blogger j.c. said...

Love it!

11:23 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

Thanks for posting this Jennifer!! I needed to hear it today!!:) That whole list is so true!!

2:31 AM  
Blogger Chris Streeter Davis said...

Great post. I need to do a lot of things on that list!! The "finding the $20 bill from last year in your coat pocket" so reminds me of you!!!! :)

2:41 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

girl i found $5.00 in my pocket yesterday morning!!! WHOO HOO!! I do that all the time.

4:10 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

I love the list. About the first part of your post...sometimes letting go is so hard even though you know it is the best thing. For some reason, we sometimes get stuck and our thinking becomes confused, because we are torn by what we think we really want and what we know is right. Believe me, I have been there...you will look back years from now and say, 'Thank you Lord.' Hope all of this wasn't too cryptic...

8:32 PM  
Blogger Marti said...

That was great! I try to keep a positive attitude as well. If nothing else, it confuses the heck out of people - LOL

Cute babykins!

3:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home